Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Forensics Project Part VII: Footprint Analysis

In class, we did an activity which involved a group of four students analyzing each other’s footprints in the dirt from a simulated crime scene.  Each group had a bin filled with dirt to represent the ground at the crime scene.  Each student in the group would press their foot into the dirt leaving a print behind.  We then would record the weather conditions (which would be the same for each trial), which direction the print was going, the length and width of the print and any designs on the sole of the shoe.  There was a boy (Brad Caison) and two other girls (LaTaysha Stokes and Jenifer Perez) in my group besides myself.  When we observed his print, we noticed Brad had rather large feet because he is a male and that was seen in his print.  Jenifer had a very small print and LaTaysha was wearing a type of combat or construction boot so when one analyzed her print it appeared to be a male’s print instead of a female’s.  When we analyzed my print we observed that more pressure is put on my heel instead of being equally distributed like the others'. 
  My Footprint:

4 comments:

  1. I liked that you described each of the footprints that you saw in your group. Maybe you could add pictures of your groupmates' prints if you have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Erika, and i really like that picture of your footprint! Ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your description of the activity. Maybe you could add a picture of the template of the data sheet we had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I was trying to put a picture of each footprint on this post but the way the pictures were placed made it look sloppy so I decided to only put my footprint.

    ReplyDelete