Saturday, November 26, 2011

Forensics Project Part VI: Witness Experiment

            In class, in our groups of three or four, we did an activity which tested our ability as an eye witness and whether or not we were good witnesses.  First, each person in the group found a similar sized face in a magazine.  If the faces were too different in size it would be too easy to recognize which facial features belonged to which face.  We then cut out the features of each face (hair, eyes, nose and mouth) and reassembled the faces to make an accurate portrayal of what the face originally was.  Each person then disassembled the faces and passed the pieces to the person on their left.  That person would then put the pieces together to make the original face.  After that, each person put each feature into a designated pile in the middle of the table (one pile for eyes, one pile for hair, one pile for noses and one pile for mouths) mixing up all the facial features of the different faces.  Finally, everyone would reassemble their original faces from the piles at the middle of the table.

            This activity, in my opinion, was rather easy.  I do, however, believe it would have been more difficult if there were more people in my group because I only had two other students besides myself doing this activity with me. 

      

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was great that you added so much detail about the activity, but I was wondering if you could add a picture or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Natassja, I really like the description but pictures would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly and completely describes the lab. The reflection is nice and shows contemplation of the experiment on a broader scale. The picture nicely depicts the finished product of the witness activity. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments! I did add a picture of the activity because I agree it would make the post more interesting.

    ReplyDelete