Saturday, November 26, 2011

Forensics Project Part IV: Lipstick Print Analysis

1. Day One of Lipstick Analysis

            In class, we did an activity which involved each person to analyze a print of their own lips.  Each person would put on lipstick or lip gloss and press their lips against a blank notecard.  We would then wipe the lipstick from our lips (or keep it on, whatever we preferred) and look at the print left on the card.  Each student would then identify distinct characteristics of their lips on the print left on the card.  For instance, on the print of my lips I noticed that my lips were rather full and they were horizontally long.  I also observed that my top and bottom lip are similar in size and that there is a very small dip in my upper lip.  There were also many small striations in my lips that could not be seen until the print was looked at more intently.


2. Day Two of Lipstick Analysis

            The next day in class, each group (4 or 5 students) was given a different group’s lipstick prints to analyze and then they were told to try to figure out who they belong to.  I, however, was not attending school that day therefore I did not take part in this activity and cannot give sufficient information about what took place besides what the activity was about.

4 comments:

  1. I like you explanation and the pictures that you put of the analysis of your own lip print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you analyzed your lipstick print inyour paragraph to better explain the activity! Maybe you could add a picture of the second day's activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your explanation and pictures. I agree with samantha you need a better explanation activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments! However, I disagree with Samantha Diane and BGoff because I thought I explained the next day's activity rather well for a person who was asbsent during the activity.

    ReplyDelete